[Jacob-list] docking tails

Donnangelo, Nick ncd at mitre.org
Mon May 3 13:56:44 EDT 2010

I totally agree with Linda; I have several ewes that are undocked; on a healthy ewe there should be no accumulation of filth on their tails.

Further, I would strongly urge against docking an adult. If an appendage to too large it doesn't nicely fall off, you can wind up with gangrene. Lastly, docking now is an invitation for fly strike.

Nick Donnangelo
Shiloh Manor