[Jacob-list] Chronic Diarrhea in Ram

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Sat Jul 17 17:01:17 EDT 2010

I had a ewe with chronic diarrhea a few years back, very similar to what
you are saying. Almost to a firm stool at time, but never pellets. Saw
no sign of parasites in a fec, so took a sample to have the vet run a
fec. He agreed with my findings.
He suggested a bacterial infection and recommended Sustain Calf Boluses.
Worked right away and she never had another bout of diarrhea. I'm not a
vet and not recommending Sustain, but perhaps you might ask your vet's
opinion.

Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>