[Jacob-list] crossbreeding

Gooch Farm guschi73 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 5 16:06:18 EST 2010

I have Jacob crossbred lambs every year (guess who I use for cleanup?).  I do like to experiment with the crossbreds also- I have the Jacobs, and mainly Corridale, Lincoln, BFL, Targhee, & Suffolk.  The outcomes in fleece quality can be quite a crapshoot.  I've had some that were jet black with nice fleeces, a fair number that are black but sunbleach to brown, and there are always the ones that just go to the freezer...

The lambs almost always end up being black to varying degrees with one exception- I used to have a flecket Shetland ewe who would have B/W babies each year with the Jacob ram.  They had more Shetland markings and horns.
   Shel

~Asylum Farm Blog~

~ Asylum Farm ~