[Jacob-list] hanging in there in snowpocalypse?

Ralene Mitschler rmitschler at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 14:39:11 EST 2010

Hi all
Just checking to see if all folks in heavy two-punch snowstorm area are
hanging in there? Probably out shoveling I imagine. Most of my fences are
48 inches and barely 1 foot at top still showing. The jacob sheep are in
the big barn warm and dry and I imagine bored out of their skulls since they
cannot get out through the snow. The ewes managed to break part of trail
after the first 2 feet of snow on their own to spend some time in a couple
of nearby outbuildings. But the rams and big wethers waited for me to
wade-break a trail to an outside bale the first snow. They were pronging
along single-file after me...very silly. Today my kind and overworked
husband broke trail for them after this second storm; the shallowest areas
are at eye level for the biggest boys. And oh the drifting is amazing.
This counts as a real storm by my standards....

hope all is well and that you all have power and no collapsing building
problems. I had to shut chickens/turkeys into their coop as the chickenwire
'roof' of hteir coop yard collapsed and broke three supporting poles. Had
no idea chickenwire could hold that much snow....
take care all
Ralene

--
Blue FLower Flock located at Chicory Lane Farm, Hanover PA