[Jacob-list] Help with new baby lamb

Robin Lynde rlynde at onramp113.org
Sat Aug 28 01:54:54 EDT 2010

I wondered from the description of this lamb if the tendons in the joints
just needed to stretch a bit. I've had calves or kids born that walk on
their "knuckles". The feet bend under and they can't keep them straight. I
think that they are bent while in the uterus and they are still that way
after the baby is born. With calves we found that after a few days they
would be walking normally. When I have had kids with that problem I have
made splints to straighten the leg for a few days.
Robin Lynde
Meridian Jacobs
Vacaville, CA
www.meridianjacobs.com