[Jacob-list] Worming and eating

Miranda Tanis gothorses at gotsky.com
Wed Aug 18 15:25:50 EDT 2010

My Jacob is from Unzicker, and a Huntsberger cross, she enjoys spending
time with me and we have bonded very well, but when she is out to pasture,
she refuses to eat the grass, instead she eats whatever thorn and
raspberry plants she can reach, and when those are gone she stands at the
fence wanting more. Is this normal? And do Jacobs form bonds with humans
even when they are with other sheep?

Also, I have a Merino who has never had any chemicals, but was raised all
natural, her previous owner gave me some of the dewormer he used, and when
that was all gone, I switched to Safeguard, 2 weeks after deworming, she
has a large parasite load, and dropped a lot of weight, should that have
happened?

Miranda Tanis