[Jacob-list] Goats and Jacob - Thanx!

im rapunzil im-rapunzil at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 18 14:51:06 EDT 2010

Thank you everyone for the helpful advice! All went well when I introduced the little Pygmy doe to my pair of Jacobs.

There was no drama at all. The lambs seem to stay on their own and have never been particularly active. They only tear high-speed through the field when they see me coming :) However the doe is always on the move and does'nt seem to have any desire to hang with the lambs. But the good thing is overall no one seems stressed or upset.

I told my gentleman friend Greg about the introduction, and how the flock as a whole were getting along. I was satisfied with the situation as it were. Greg insists the doe MUST have a friend to keep her company. "But Cindy, she shouldn't have to browse the fields alone! Poor little 'goatling' needs a partner to love!" UGH! Even with animals he's a romantic! Haaaa!

Sooooo I'm posting today because Greg will not stop asking me if I've found another goat yet. I've perused Craigslist and not nothing we were looking for. Its only been 3 days since he first mentioned getting another goat, and he's driving me crazy! So if any NJ folks might have young kids for sale or adoption, please contact me before this man drives me to drink!

We would like another miniature goat - any breed or mix. I don't know if its true, but heard that bucks can be really stinky - so thinking we would prefer another doe.

Thank you and hope someone can help with my "deliemma!"

Cindy
Stone Hollow Farm

You live by writing your poems on a farm
and call that farming.