[Jacob-list] Georgia floods

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Fri Sep 25 06:53:40 EDT 2009

Try 20 inches of rain - 11 in one day. Some of the lakes rose 3 feet
almost overnight. We're the side of a mountain, so other than minor
erosion (my ditches held up pretty well) and mud, we were fine. If there
had been any wind along with all that rain, we'd be dealing with alot of
downed trees. Luckily, the winds were calm.

They say we officially are out of the drought after this last rain, but
I sure agree with Neal. If you're trying to grow pasture or crops, you
need the rain spread out over the year. Our yearly rainfall totals are
getting close to normal again, but over a third of that rain fell in a
five day period. If we don't get a drop of rain for the rest of the
year, we'll probably still be considered out of the drought, but we'll
be pretty dry.

Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>