[Jacob-list] Catching Rams

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Thu Sep 17 16:06:22 EDT 2009

Good grief, Tara. You're making it sound like your way is the only way.
I don't condition score my sheep everyday. Why would they need to be
condition scored on a daily basis? I do go in with my ewes EVERY day
when I feed them. I don't handle each one, but I look at each one and
handle any that I think need it. Since I take excellent care of my
sheep, I don't expect them to lose a condition score overnight. It
certainly not stress my sheep for me to catch or handle them. When I
take them out back to pasture or anywhere, I just say "let's go sheep"
and they follow me. I caught 20 ewes this morning to check eyelids. No
injuries or stress to either the sheep or the shepherd. I don't catch my
rams every day or even every week. They are used to seeing me and have
been halter broken. It doesn't stress them out when I do catch them.
Your opinion is, of course, important and of interest.
But, you've never seen my sheep or my farm or me.

Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>