[Jacob-list] Catching Rams

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Wed Sep 9 17:42:30 EDT 2009

Tara,

I'd love to see a picture of your rams pulling the wagon. Could you
share with us?

I have to disagree just a bit here. While I see my sheep every day (many
times a day), I don't really feel that it's necessary for me to chuck my
rams under the chin on a daily basis to look after them properly :-)The
amazing thing about Jacobs is their adaptability. It sounds like they
thrive with your literal "hands on" approach, but they also thrive
untended on a remote island, on large ranches with the occasional check,
on tiny little one acre farms, on medium sized acreage, and about
everything in between. We get to know our sheep and can usually tell
with a visual when one needs a more hands on check. While I do halter
break my rams, I don't hand feed them.

Jacob Sheep are being raised successfully by breeders who are as
individual as our Jacobs and who use a wide variety of management
techniques. There is no "only way" to do it successfully or to properly
look after our flocks, just as there is no "perfect" Jacob Sheep.

Linda

--
Patchwork Farm Jacob Sheep <http://www.patchworkfibers.com>