[Jacob-list] curiosity got to me

Lorraine Nielsen fourwinds at gotsky.com
Mon Nov 16 15:35:40 EST 2009

Jacobs are indeed out-of-season breeders. We are in the mountains of
California and get a fair amount of snow. Since we don't have a pressing
reason to lamb early, we breed in December to have May lambs, when it's
warmer. Our first year, we lambed in June. We now have two rams and are
about to put one ram in with a group in about a week, and the other not
until mid-December. We've found that it's comfortable for the mothers (and
for us!) to lamb in nice weather.

Lorraine
Four Winds Farm