[Jacob-list] curiosity got to me

fourhornfarm fourhornfarm at verizon.net
Mon Nov 16 22:34:04 EST 2009

I have had Jacobs lamb in January and again in August, but only rarely
and it has always been ewes that lambed in early January with their first
lambs. It has been my experience that unbred ewes will breed later in the
season if not exposed to a ram earlier in the season. I would think
different areas of the country would have slightly different breeding
seasons also.
I don't consider Jacobs to be a breed that will produce two lamb crops
a year like some breeds.