[Jacob-list] Just curious...

Cathy Robinson perfectspot at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 15 13:08:54 EST 2009

I sent this to the list over 2 1/2 hours ago and it hasn't shown up
yet. Forgive me if it shows up twice, but will send it on again....

Seems like I have been talking about our amazing (and old!) Lady Jane
for years now. I thought she was _old_ five years ago, and just like
that Energizer Bunny, she keeps on going, and is still with us!

Jane is a Bissell ewe (Yakob-Tson) and we figure she was born about
1985; I actually have a photo of her taken about 1987-88 as a young
adult at one of her early homes. Including Jane herself, we now have
four generations represented here as of this year....Jane, Jasmine
(2002), Josephine (2007) and Joselyn (2009).

I am sure our climate here in NC has aided in her longevity. While the
the heat of our summers are not easy for her, our winters are mild in
comparison to the brutal winter temperatures of northern regions. Jane
probably would not have made it through this many winters had she lived
in a less favorable winter climate. In recent years her wool has become
less dense and it is increasingly difficult for her to maintain her
weight.

Cathy
Perfect Spot Farm
http://www.perfectspot-farm.com/index.html