[Jacob-list] 4 horn ewe skulls

Linda patchworkfibers at windstream.net
Tue May 12 20:15:11 EDT 2009

Are there single horned cows? I want one :-)
I've received a wide assortment of private responses to my question. We
certainly are as individual as our sheep!
I have no experience with wethers, so can't add much to that topic. The
few meat buyers I have want intact rams and added to the fact that I am
lousy at banding means that our cull rams go into the freezer as rams. A
friend of mine did have a wether (castrated by the vet, so I'm sure he
was a real wether). Pokey had HUGE forward horns as a two year old -
every bit as large as two year old ram. I think he was unusual.
I have two five horned ewes and one six horned ewe. I do consider a
sheep with fused horns to have the number of horns that are fused - not
the number of horns that are separate. I would consider your ewe with
three separate on one side and two fused and one separate on the other
to be a six horned. Unbalanced and undifferentiated is only a dq for rams.
You haven't posted in forever and it's fun to hear from you again - it's
an interesting topic and thanks for "messing up" my brain :-)
Congratulations on Canada's first GC Jacob ewe! What does it mean to be
Canada's first GC ewe?

Linda

--
http://www.patchworkfibers.com