[Jacob-list] Premies

Timkoenig5 at aol.com Timkoenig5 at aol.com
Tue Mar 10 13:59:46 EDT 2009

OK, I've been raising sheep for about 15 years, Jacobs for 9. I've never had
a lambing season like this one. So far, 18 ewes have lambed. Most twinned.
Out of that I have 9 live lambs...and 18 dead. Of the 18, 2 died of injuries,
two had membrane over the face...All the rest have been premies. Most were
dead when I found them, a few lasted 24 hours or so. Even among the live lambs
several were born with eyes still sealed and very tiny. All the ewes seem
healthy and hardy. All the same food and water, shelter, etc.
This has been a very long cold winter but I've had worse with all healthy
babies before. Does anyone have any ideas?

Tim Koenig
Applegarth Farm
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219671244x1201345076/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID