[Jacob-list] Herbal, natural dewormers

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 10 15:58:45 EDT 2009

>Another question - how many of you use herbal wormers on your Jacobs? Do

you use them exclusively or in conjunction with chemical wormers? Have you

>scientifically proven their effectiveness by microscopically checking

fecals? If they work for you, what are they and where do you buy them? Any
help would be >appreciated....thanks.

>Sue

================
Many use garlic as a dewormer; especially those who sell organic meat.

>From what I have read it seems to really work; but, perhaps, that is in

areas where worm loads are low anyway. Try searching on the Internet for
more information. I don't use it for deworming, but it sure is good with
some rosemary on a lamb roast. There is a discussion on sheep-l about
using pumpkin seeds and there was a research test done; however, the
results of this test and any others are inconclusive and the value of
pumpkin seeds as dewormers is still not determined.

Cathy
Moscow, Idaho