[Jacob-list] Breeding question

Chris and Tina Griffin griffin45 at live.com
Thu Feb 19 12:45:14 EST 2009

We just bought 6 more Jacobs on Monday. Only one has 4 horns (ewe). The seller told me not to breed a 4 horn ram to a 4 horn ewe or you take a chance of having a cranial birth defect of some sort. Can anyone confirm this for me? We have another ram and ewe that we are thinking about purchasing. The ram is a 4 horn and I have not seen the ewe yet. We also have someone interested in buying a pair from us, so we would like to know if we should sell the 4 horn ewe whose markings are not so good so that we can bring in the 4 horn ram?
Thanks All!
Chris - Chatham, VA