[Jacob-list] Castration questions-Behavior

gotothewhip at aol.com gotothewhip at aol.com
Wed Feb 18 10:28:53 EST 2009

THose of you who have late castrated a ram... have you seen a mellowing like we do in horses??

I have a ram with an amazing fleece but his behavior isnt too good!? He bopped the hubby in the head last night when hubby was fixing a coat on another ram.... So he is either going in the freezer or loosing his testicles.? His fleece is nice enough that it usually bring $90-$100 at the fiber festivals.? It really is nice, and structurally he is amazing.. but we have his full brother, who is a current flock sire.? so his "services" are not neede.? We kept him intact, because at most shows, he does well, and has been pinned champion a few times...and reserve several more! His horns are getting a bit tight, so we think that we will cut him, but only if we are going to see an improvement in his attitude.?