[Jacob-list] Weak lamb

BISCHOW at aol.com BISCHOW at aol.com
Mon Apr 13 13:45:27 EDT 2009

We had a lamb that was pretty cold when we found it. Brought her in,
warmed her up and fed her. She seemed to be doing better--she was nursing,
pooping, peeing and standing. Then she went down hill FAST. Our vets really
thought it had something to do with the fact that milk replacers have
antibiotics added--we were using Land o Lakes and it did not LIST any antibiotic.
The antibiotics do not allow proper absorbtion of the nutients and
basically the lamb starves. They recommended using goat milk with a little cream
and KaroSyrup added, along with some Nutrical.
Hopefully we won't have a next time.

Louise
**************The Average US Credit Score is 692. See Yours in Just 2 Easy
Steps!