[Jacob-list] Dream Sheep

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sat May 24 19:10:32 EDT 2008

I like the way you differentiated between "ideal Jacob in a general sense" and "the perfect addition to your breeding program at this point in time." And that you didn't mention markings. Many people seem to focus on markings first and then check out the rest. My dream addition to my flock varies from year to year, as my flock is not static. I buy rams to suit my ewes, as they really are the heart of my flock.

Let's see:

- primitive type
- excellent 4 horns in lamb and both parents and in paternal grandam (good horns seem to be the most elusive trait. Fleece and markings can be improved in one or two generations)
- no freckling
- good muzzle patch - at this point in time, I need some muzzle markings
- excellent wool
- offspring of a good mother
- it doesn't hurt if they like me :-)

Linda