[Jacob-list] Wethering

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 31 20:48:09 EDT 2008

=====

>From what I understand, you are correct on both points. The experts

recommend some ammonia chloride, if there is a possibility of problems.
Too much grain lowers the calcium/phosphate ratio (C/P ratio) which can
lead to urinary calculi problems. Many folks don't feed any grain to
wethers and rams. Along with some grass hay, I give mine a small amount of
an All-Livestock pelleted feed (also made for sheep -- low copper content)
which has some rolled corn in it. I checked the C/P ratio listed on the
bag and the product has more C than P, so I think it is safe to feed to the
'boys'. I haven't had to use ammonium chloride, but I should have it on
hand.

Cathy
Moscow, Idaho