[Jacob-list] re. nose bleed

jacobsgate jacobsgate at xplornet.com
Mon Mar 31 11:38:06 EDT 2008

Hello again!
The blood flow seems to have slowed down and I know I should have a good look at her entire mouth but I don't want to adjitate her. Thinking back over the past few days....I had let her out in the barn with another Jacob ewe with a lamb and I had to separate them because they were clashing horns and there was a tiny bit of blood at the base of the ewe's horn. In retrospect, she may have damaged her horn to the extent that it could have bled into her sinus's? I don't think that it is a clotting problem/nutrition issue as the blood is clotting. So I will watch her and hope that she continues to settle. If there is blood in the sinus cavity, could going out into the cooler temperature outside have started the flow? I really am not up on the anatomy so it's a little confusing for me.
I had planned to email you for suggestions for putting mom's and lambs back into ..not even the flock but with each other to avoid these confrontations. Their aggressiveness in these rather easy going, calm ewes when defending there new lambs is interesting at least but concerns me. Thanks again and I will let you know how this resolves. Pam