[Jacob-list] Follow up on Ketosis Question

Gotothewhip at aol.com Gotothewhip at aol.com
Sun Mar 23 12:03:25 EDT 2008

First thank you for the replies.. I didn't get to read any of them until
this morning...

I am again eating a slice of Humble pie.

>From someone familiar with lambing out traditional breeds... I feel as if

all I know is not of use.

These Jacobs have once again proved their point, that this lambing stuff
isn't near as stressful as I try to make it out to be.

The 4 yo "ketosis suspect", laid down and lambed shortly after I posted the
question.

After posting my question, I walked into the bedroom and looked on the
monitor for her stall.. Circling, pawing, and up and down.... I felt pretty darn
stupid about that moment for posting my question.. So I told Hubby we had one
trying to lamb.

I think then, just to spite me, and again make me question my intelligence..
She spent over an hour circling and finding the right spot. She delivered 2
healthy ram lambs, cleaned them well, and was moved into a jug.

Her bag is still a little lop sided, but both teats have adequate milk. She
is still glaring at me for squirting 10 pumps of Nutri-Drench down her. I'm
sure she thinks I am the biggest Moron to cross the planet.

So , yup, all of you who emailed me, were 100% right.. She was just defying
the ultrasound vet, and lambing early.

Jennifer Tucker
Moose Mtn. Ranch

Home.