[Jacob-list] Vaccinations

Leigh Nelson shmee1 at mail.com
Sun Mar 23 11:05:49 EDT 2008

Typically I try to follow the pattern of vaccinating the ewes two weeks
before lambing and then doing the lambs again at a month old. Last
weekend I had planned to start vaccinating my ewes with Glanvax-6. Since
I hadn't used it since last year I didn't know that it had expired in May
2007. I phoned the sheep store and they will only be getting any
vaccinations stuff in April (maybe), apparently Glanvax-6 is
discontinued. I live in Canada so it's hard to get sheep medicine.
Option 1 I could use the expired stuff, since it's probably still good
but not as powerfull. Option 2 Wait until I can get something else, and
by then the ewes will have lambed. Any advice on what I should do?

Thanks,
Leigh

--
Want an e-mail address like mine?