[Jacob-list] Hunting sheep, PETA & opionins

Gooch guschi73 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 10:27:36 EDT 2008

Peggy- Just so you understand- I would never call you or anyone else a bleeding heart activist. You are entitled to your opinion just as everyone else is. We may disagree (and I may think you are wrong <wink>) but it's still your right to have an opinion.

Maybe in NJ you don't hear much about PETA, but here in the Heartland, we sure do and have been impacted by them. PETA's stated goal is the outright ban on any and all animal ownership or use by people. If they have their way, none of us will have Jacob Sheep or any other breeds, pets or animals. They do not want to see any human involvement in the custodianship or preservation of species. "Let them live free" is a good way to look at their view. I don't know about anyone else, but I can guarantee that none of my sheep will survive out in the wild for very long. Supporters of PETA have been known to turn loose animals in the "best interest" of animals.

While they claim no ties to the ALF or ELF, if you look at their statements regarding domestic animal production, they will do everything in their power to end livestock production. I for one would rather be a good steward of the earth and animals.

I just had a similar arguement this morning with my 14 year old DD. She kept arguing that my opinion was wrong- it may be different than hers, but it can never be wrong. It's MY opinion; I own it; I believe it.

Shel