[Jacob-list] showing Jacobs

Meg Steensland beegal7 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 22:56:07 EDT 2008

In 2006 Donna Grassick and I spent over 2 hrs catching Jacobs and transporting them to the Richland Co (OH) Fair and then settling them in, also listening to some boorish remarks from Dick (man who shows 6 diff breeds and does a 'fair circuit' in OH - I know his last name just do not want to publish it as he really is a fine man and has good stock) about why not get some real sheep.

After we had installed the sheep and were just standing there looking at them, some children came skipping down the aisle, one of them hollering "Oh boy, the Jacobs are here". Donna and I just looked at each other and said 'makes it all worthwhile'. I betcha Dick didn't get that kind of response from kids whose parents may or ma not keep sheep!

The last two years the Richland Fair has had really good judges who at least act like they care about special 'heritage sheep'. The Morrow fair guy this year was really good too.