[Jacob-list] Ram purchase

marytonkin at comcast.net marytonkin at comcast.net
Sun Jun 22 12:06:42 EDT 2008

When I get these calls or email from people inquiring about sheep I ALWAYS question them. I ask what are you looking for, male/female, adult/lamb and what their intentions are for buying sheep. Are they just buying sheep for pets/lawn mowers, breeding stock, meat or something else. I also ask if they have ever had or raised sheep before and if not I refer them to sources that have a lot of information. Most times if I don't know the people or about them I visit their place to see if they are set up properly. In fact a lady wants me to stop by later today to visit her before I deliver a ewe lamb and wether. I feel it is smart to know exactly where your animals are going and how they will be cared for and I always follow up a week later with a phone call to see how the animal is doing and to see if they have any further questions. I hope this helps, I know it works for me.

--
Mary Tonkin
Shadow Mountain Jacobs

Buckley, Washington