[Jacob-list] Question- - Ram purchase, legit???

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sun Jun 22 18:37:14 EDT 2008

Why don't you just ask him?

Do trophy hunters waste the meat? Just asking, as I don't know if they do or not. What's the difference between taking a ram to the butcher (no fighting chance there and a frightening situation for the ram, I'm sure) and selling one to be shot out of doors? Assuming that someone does eat the meat from hunting ranches. Not starting an argument, just curious. I have a few buyers that purchase ram lambs for religious holidays. I'm not really sure I see the difference between a ram being ritualistically butchered, taken to a slaughter house,or getting shot out in a field. Best case scenario would be if all our ram lambs were breeding quality and we had buyers for all of them. And pet homes for all the wether quality ram lambs. And a retirement home for those old rams we can't use anymore.

What does everyone do with rams you just can't use? Even with spectacular ram lambs, there is a limited market in most areas.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com