[Jacob-list] Opinion regarding "true Jacob"

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 3 15:07:21 EDT 2008

>So, the one without is not a true Jacob even thou he carriers that same

gene pool as the one that does. What is going on with our group? >Last year
it was the two horn should be culled, this year it is the leg markings.
Gee, that would eliminate a lot of Jacobs. Is this the path we >are heading
into. Have we become that competitive or cynical, which is it?
I have quite a variation of Jacobs and I have observed, in my flock, that
the ones with no leg markings have the best quality fleeces and no
freckles. Going only by "looks", I do prefer leg markings; but right now
the fleeces mean more to me than how the animal's legs look. I have three
lilacs and all have white legs. Do lilacs usually have no leg markings?

Cathy
Moscow, Idaho