[Jacob-list] Magnesium deficiency?

Liz whiskey_wy at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 18:52:11 EST 2008

I was just wondering if you are going to have the sheep necropsied? (autopsy for animals)

I think that it's well worth the money to have them done, especially when you aren't quite sure of what the animal died of. I'm not really familiar with any of the symptoms that you gave and am pretty new to sheep myself. But one symptom you did mention was the lump under the jaw? My cousin who raises goats mentioned that people in the area are having some troubles with thier goats who die from an infection that stems from an abcess (lump) I can't remember exactly what it was... I remember it started with a C. I'll see if I can get a hold of them and find out.

Anyway what I really wanted to say is that I always do a necropsy if I don't know what they died from. I think the most unusual result I've had come back was cause of death: chronic sinus infection. The ewe never should any signs of having anything wrong until she was aborting her lambs. It's been a wierd year for things like that?