[Jacob-list] 1st time lamber...Contd

Gotothewhip at aol.com Gotothewhip at aol.com
Mon Feb 11 12:23:24 EST 2008

Quick Question.. Are they called Maiden Ewes(Wondering if they are the same
as horses in terminology)

Anyhow.. Her vulva is larger and pinker today... She was attacked by a dog
as a lamb, and her tail is floppy..like jelly... so that wont help, but she
does not seem sunk in on either side of the tail head.

I was planning on going to Oklahoma with hubby this week to pick up our new
horse trailer, but I think I will stay here in Colorado and watch this ewe.
A little bummed out as a lady down there had a ram for sale that I wanted to
look at...

My luck, she will wait 2 more weeks... Her bag does not feel like it has
any more liquid in it than it did the other day..... But the muscle tissue in
her back udder attachment looks MUCH larger....

We have cameras in the barn, and the one in her stall isnt working.. but she
does not seem ready yet either.... so I haven't been checking in on her at
night yet....

We are lambing out 30 ewes this year... But they are all recorded
breeding's, with ultrasounds... so this one has me guessing!

The only info I have, is that she ran with the ram until we bought her in
November......LOL! An ultrasound said twins or triplets but couldn't give me
an estimate on lambing date as she was too far along!

48)