[Jacob-list] creep feeder

Brenalan Farm info at brenalanfarm.com
Tue Apr 15 11:34:28 EDT 2008

We are trying yet again to design an outdoor creep feeder. After testing some things suggested by Ag Extension that were very efficient for feeding ewes, we went to a hog panel section with a 6" wide slot cut out, maybe 15 inches tall max. And last night we once again found a ewe in there. An adult ewe. And she scooted out so fast we couldn't really even see how she did it... almost like something from Sci Fi. Now she's here, now she's there. Royal, if you are reading this- I keep telling you and others those half Huntsberger ewes we got are the toughest, most "survivor" ewes in our flock... and it was one of them in the creep! I am torn between tying boards to their horns so they can't thread their heads in there and installing retinal scanners and an automated door... anyone have a simple solution? What size should the opening be for Jacobs?

Brenda