[Jacob-list] Raw goat's milk vs. lamb formula?

Susan J Martin stcroft at ptd.net
Tue Apr 15 22:44:50 EDT 2008

Triplets were born here on Sunday and they are doing well. However, one of them is quite small - 3 lbs. to be exact and despite her small size she is vigorous and nursing well. However, her two larger siblings are definitely pushing her out of the way when they nurse.....I have been supplementing with a bottle using goat colostrum -- not much, probably 2 - 3 feedings a day, 2 oz. each. My question is this - if I continue to supplement would it be better for the lamb to use raw goat's milk rather than the regular lamb milk replacer formula? I plan to only use the colostrum for the first 3 days or so. I do have a local source of raw goat's milk.

Thanks for your help.

Sue Martin
Stonecroft