[Jacob-list] Split Eyelids, More questions

schmick54 at aol.com schmick54 at aol.com
Fri Apr 4 00:01:48 EDT 2008

It depends on how prominant the SUED is. If it's just a notch, you can get by, but if it is more than that, the lashes can scratch the cornea and may produce blindness in the worst case, after a while.

We sold a ram that was responsible for?split eyelids. Since that time, we haven't had any. Our Vet says it's always "in there". It just takes the right combination of genes to produce it. The ram we sold (not to a JSBA member) didn't show it, but he definitely was the carrier.

Mick