[Jacob-list] Split Eyelids, More questions

Gotothewhip at aol.com Gotothewhip at aol.com
Thu Apr 3 12:15:53 EDT 2008

OK.. I have 2 of them... Both sired by the ram I culled last year...
Thankfully they are the only ones by that ram. There are no sheep in the flock with
split eyelids other than these 2 lambs. He did not have SUED.

How common are SUED's? Im guessing that they are a reason to not SHOW a
particular animal... But what about a ewe lamb? Is it a reason to cull her as
well?

There was talk on previous posts about research done in years past, but I
must have missed the ink to the information. As you all know, Im new to the
Jacobs, and enjoy having them , but also enjoy the (GASP) Showring! SO , the
genetics that play into this are VERY important to me.. Especially if this is
a issue in the showring and with breeding animals.

My big goal is to produce rams that have one well in the ring, and are sold
to breeders as producers who have a bit of a record.... I know, I'm a bit over
involved.