[Jacob-list] cost of vet insp

Brenalan Farm info at brenalanfarm.com
Tue Sep 18 10:24:00 EDT 2007

Does the farmer pay for the vet visit (how much?) or does the gvt? This
might sound stupid, but... Do you have to get all sheep in a pen for the vet
to check out every ear? It is hard for me to get my hands on each individual
in a short amount of time. We usually do things in groups and I need one or
two helpers to get the sheep out of the big fields where they have shelters
but don't handle well. About how much does a DNA test cost? Does your local
vet do that, or do you do it through the scrapie program?

Brenda