[Jacob-list] Looking for sheep in British Columbia

Patty Berke honeybucket at comcast.net
Wed Oct 17 01:58:58 EDT 2007

You seem to have received responses about getting sheep to BC or finding
Jacobs in Canada (there MUST be some), but I didn't see any responses
directed toward your choice of sheep! I just wanted to applaud your choice!
We have loved our Jacobs, have been very happy about the choice, even tho I
don't think we spent enough time comparison shopping, now that I look back!
We just loved the way they looked when we saw them at the Puyallup Fair
(Seattle area), found some and started a herd in Olympia WA. No regrets!
They are small, easily managed and handled, have great independent
personalities and wonderful fleeces of interesting variety and lovely to
spin! HOWEVER, get some loose fencing around your tree trunks, just to make
sure none of the ones you pick happen to favor the bark! Never can be sure,
until it would be too late. Some mesh wire will work fine, as does bark
wrap, which is a fabric-like material that will stretch as the tree grows.
Enjoy!

Patty Berke
Flying Coyote Farm
Olympia WA

PS There are quite a few of us with Jacobs in the Washington vicinity, if
you find out you can take animals across the border---we're pretty close to
you!!