[Jacob-list] noisy sheep/overcaring

Betty Berlenbach lambfarm at sover.net
Thu Mar 29 14:48:10 EDT 2007

I have never flushed, and until last year, when an old, undernourished ewe
lost two lambs, I hadn't lost a lamb in 9 years...plus I have mostly twins.
I don't think flushing is necessary. My rams are away from the ewes, and I
bring the ewes back to where they are on Nov. 1, put them in breeding groups
immediately, take the rams out Nov. 18. I've missed maybe 3 ewes settling
in 12 years.