[Jacob-list] Butchering Questions

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Thu Mar 29 13:03:14 EDT 2007

What do you mean by "least 'Jacob" looking? Color? horns? fleece? wooliness? etc. Deviations in those areas from registration standards would be a reason for me to cull. But a heavily pregnant ewe that gets run through a sale days before birth and loses her lambs? Since you didn't see the birth, you don't really know if the lambs were born dead or alive or even how long ago when you found them. Most ewes will give up trying to care for a dead lamb.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com