[Jacob-list] Names

southwindfarms@frontiernet.net SOUTHWINDFARMS at frontiernet.net
Fri Mar 16 08:32:38 EDT 2007

Hi,

Southwind Farms has been Southwind Farms for around 200 years, long
before the current owners purchased it about 40 years ago. We do
generally have a pretty steady breeze from the south.

We also tend to name our lambs after the first name of the mother,
although we occasionally go off on themes. This year Muffin has
Blueberry, Razzleberry and Poppyseed. Also lambs born on someone's
birthday sometimes share that name. This year hired girl Kendra had
that honor and then not to be left out one of the Elantra ewes was
named after the other hired girl Emily. I currently have so many M
and S names that I am looking to branch out a little. Also this year
Kendra and Emily (the humans) have been suggesting many of the names.
Right now many of my 2007 lamb names are temporary, some may stay and
some may change, but it seems to help to give them a name to go with a
picture on the website.

Laura/Southwind Farms
www.southwindfarms.org