[Jacob-list] names?

Paintedrockfarm at aol.com Paintedrockfarm at aol.com
Fri Mar 16 06:59:08 EDT 2007

Linda,

Our farm name derived from two things: 1) We have lots of animals that are
multi-colored from our paint horses, to the dominique, wyandotte & columbia
chickens to our spotted Jacobs! 2) This area of WV that I live in is known
"unofficially" as Boulder --we GROW rocks around here! Hence the name, Painted
Rock Farm! I know, not all that original but it suits us. )

As far as our sheep names go, we purchased our beginning ewe flock from
Brindle Hill Farm in PA. At that time, they had adopted using the alphabet for
lamb names -- their first sheep born as Brindle Hill lambs began with "A".
When we bought our sheep, we purchased 2 yearlings (C names) and 3 lambs, which
we named with "D" names. We merely continued the tradition for our lambs
too! Of course, many of our adult sheep within our foundation flock, as well
as other lines we have brought in, don't adhere to this but all of our lambs
produced do. The same with tails -- any sheep in our flock that has a tail
was not born here; we dock tails.

HINT: Baby name website's are an excellent source for names and their
meanings! They have been indispensable to me when choosing our names each year!
This year, we are on the letter "K". In years past, "I" was probably the
toughest name to search for names.

Cheryl

Mike & Cheryl Terrano
_Painted Rock Farm_ (http://members.aol.com/paintedrockfarm)