[Jacob-list] Identifying Lilac Lambs

Paintedrockfarm at aol.com Paintedrockfarm at aol.com
Wed Mar 14 09:30:33 EDT 2007

I've had this come up within my own flock before! This year, we have had 4
sets of twins in which one lamb is black and white while the other is lilac
and white. The easier way to tell about color is often when the siblings are
side by side -- contrast is very noticeable!

Another weird thing for us this year -- we have a ram lamb with blue eyes
who has black leg and facial markings but his wool appears lilac. Hmm...not
sure what to think there! He is only a week old and the coloration was
apparent from birth. I check him from time to time to part that wool to the skin --
completely consistent in the lilac coloring.

Ahh..the joys of Jacobs! :)

Good luck with lambing -- Cheryl

Mike & Cheryl Terrano
_Painted Rock Farm_ (http://members.aol.com/paintedrockfarm)