[Jacob-list] Lilac question

Neal and Louise Grose nlgrose at yadtel.net
Wed Mar 14 05:17:58 EDT 2007

My guess is that the ewe in question is a lilac carrier. The little off color patch on the neck, though, probably has nothing to do with it. It is probably a non-transmittable mutation that popped up during embryonic development. We once had a black CorriedaleX that had a large patch on her side that was a beautiful shade of brown. Fetal development is so complicated, it is a wonder that ANY body turns out normal.

Neal