[Jacob-list] "pinking" Re: Lambing -HELP

Joy Thomas, SonRise Farm shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 14:35:53 EDT 2007

This description made me laugh! We had one born here
this year like this - border (ewe)/Jacob (ram) cross!
He's a lovely ram, black with a white diamond on his
forehead, great fleece AND it appears he'll be two
horned! Since he caused a complete uterine prolapse in
mama and mama is older, she will not be bred again. He
will be wethered and gentled for our farm visits. Ewe
is my daughter's sheep, so it's her call (and her
contribution for feed bill).

> boys with heads the size of Texas,

I love the hardiness of the Jacobs! They pop 'em out
and off they all go. Incredible!

Happy lamb-watching everyone!
Joy T in NC
www.shepherdofspots.com