[Jacob-list] "pinking" Re: Lambing -HELP

critterland at bendcable.com critterland at bendcable.com
Tue Mar 13 13:49:21 EDT 2007

I was actually thinking more in terms of checking if the ewe had been doing this for a couple days, rather than hours... guess I should have specified.I don't rush in with an exam either, and a lot of what I do depends on knowing my individual sheep and how they act in labor, when they don't feel well, etc. Seems like no two are the same! Makes sense that the contortions would shift the lambs...maybe her ewe has learned something new! That's the joy of Jacobs, I guess. I sure don't claim to be an expert shepherd , and I'm sure glad the girls usually do it on their own. I've had to pull a couple --boys with heads the size of Texas, and a set of twins that both tried to come out at the same time-- but the percentage of births needing assistance is microscopic . Love those Jacobs!
Melody