[Jacob-list] Identifying Lilac Lambs

Leigh Nelson shmee1 at mail.com
Tue Mar 13 14:27:39 EDT 2007

I was wondering what the best/easiest/quickest way to determine that you
have a lilac lamb. Is the lilac color apparent right from birth or
do you have to wait for the lamb to mature? I was looking at some
peoples pictures of lambs that are said to be lilac and I can't see the
lilac color. It might be possible that the picture does not do the lamb
justice but I got to wondering if there are some specific signs. Any
advice on this topic would be appreciate for a new sheep owner. Leigh