[Jacob-list] lamb update in OH

Meg Steensland beegal7 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 11:11:12 EST 2007

To date we have 15 Jacob lambs - 8 ewes and 7 rams. I bought 3 ewes bred to a cross in the fall to and have 10 X-Jacobs on the ground - 5 and 5. Two of the bred ewes had H Dorset in the line - so at least 2 of those lambs have horns. Where in the past the two non-Jacobs I had produced mostly dark hornless lambs(@), this year I got some nice fleeces on 4 X-Jacobs. Last fall a Montadale shepherd borrowed my 2H ram for a month, so he's expecting xome nice fleeces starting about now.

Tried to get pictures - but the barn lighting isn't great and crowding gets only unnatural pix or blurs! Next week when they get out maybe.

@ Think I already reported that an Amish guy bought all 4 2006 Jacob crosses last spring and then CAME BACK in the fall for 2 full Jacob bred ewes. Another way to get visability for this breed.