[Jacob-list] First time to a Jacob Show

Gotothewhip at aol.com Gotothewhip at aol.com
Tue Jun 12 20:12:14 EDT 2007

Hubby and I are headed to our first Jacob Show this weekend.. Any tidbits of
advice.. I showed breeding sheep (Cheviots) for a lot of year.. And Market
lambs as a kid..

Sure am looking forward to no more bathing of the sheep!!!!!

OK....Anything I need to do.. I have trimmed hooves.. everyone is halter
broke (Of course with the young lambs that changes daily.. sometimes they re
really broke.. sometimes they are march hares!

I am taking a November Ewe in her full fleece... I planned on carding her
out and trimming her .. Do I trim her round like a cottonball?

I have a May ewe.. she is still in her lamb fleece... The tips are
sunbleached brown.... Do I want to take my electric shears and take off the bleached
tips? I have an April Ram in the same condtion????

My lambs are pretty clean.. but they ocassionally throw themselves down..
so any clean up tips????