[Jacob-list] Bedding Questions

Gotothewhip at aol.com Gotothewhip at aol.com
Wed Feb 28 12:23:18 EST 2007

First let me say that my older ewes fleeces are in HOORID shape.. many of
them broke wool or are starting to break wool as they are approaching
lambing....Additionally, When I brought them home, the shavings in my horse trailer
and hay I had given them is firmly in their fleeces now. The younger ewes with
good fleeces dont seem to have this problem.

My question is , What type of bedding do you use for your ewes? Anyone use
the woody Pet bedding (wood pellets) .. I use this in my horse stalls, and
think it would work fine in the sheep stalls.. But wanted to check.... Im
sure they may nibble on the pellets initially, like the horses did, but lose
that desire quickly!

Additionally.. is there a good site or book to learn about Llama Behavior...
We have the 13yo gelding hat came with the flock, and I have not figured out
his posturing....
http://www.aol.com.