[Jacob-list] Marking harness question

Joy Thomas, SonRise Farm shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 24 09:26:41 EST 2007

Dan - I noted in your last message you used a marking
harness. What brand did you use? and where did you get
it? I've seen many advertised, but would appreciate
feedback from a shepherd who has actually used one
successfully with Jacobs. My fear was harness would
become loose, entangle in horns (of ewe and/or ram)
and cause a problem.

I plan to use one next breeding season. Waiting and
not knowing when the ewes will lamb this year is
difficult with kids' activities. Next year, I want to
KNOW (as much as one can) when ewes are due, so I can
be about in case problems develop (more with my
border/Jacob crosses than my Jacob girls)

So far, we have one set of triplets, two weeks old
today. They are from a Jacob 4H ram and a black border
ewe. Gorgeous, long-legged beauties. Will be updating
website photos when next lambs are born.

happy lambing all!
Joy

Joyce M. Thomas
Son Rise Farm & Rabbitry, Creedmoor NC